Sunday, November 20, 2011

Five Years

Five years ago on November 18th, I married a wonderful man. Someone whom I thought had no flaws and would make the perfect husband. Turns out I was wrong, about the first part... he does have flaws, but I do have the perfect husband for me. I feel so blessed to be married to him and I couldn't imagine my life without him.

We celebrated our anniversary by dating. My sister-in-law and niece watched the kids Friday evening through Sunday morning so that we could have some wonderful alone time. Friday night, we went and saw Twilight: Breaking Dawn ... which is an awesome movie... and if you go to see if, stay through the credits. Saturday, we spent the day running around just having fun. We downloaded the ShopKick app which gives points for going to and around different stores and for scanning different items. Then the points can be used for different rewards. So we were racing through stores to scan the items first. It was a ton of fun. Then we went to the LDS bookstore and shopped for a while. We had a nice dinner and then went out dancing. The best part of the day was spending some much needed time for just us. It was great to be able to "date" again.

I strongly recommend a date day for any couple because it made us feel more closer and reminded us how much we love each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment