Friday, February 20, 2009

Passing out at Walmart (details)

I had a very eventful day yesterday and early this morning. I wasn't feeling good all day due to pregnancy, we don't tend to get along very well. I had pick up my brother and go to the store. We are standing in line at Walmart, and I started to feel dizzy and overheated. I asked my brother to get me a water which I drank part of before we even got to the front of the line. I paid with my card, then leaned over on the cart and apparently passed out. My brother caught me but my arm got caught at an angle in the shopping cart. When I was starting to come to... I could hear what was going on, but I still couldn't see. Then I started saying I needed to sit down, even though I already was. I was quite disoriented. Then when I was actually conscious, I asked for a damp cloth cause I was still so hot that my vision was still blurry. I got a damp cloth and that helped a lot, then they got me an ice pack, my arm hurt really bad. I thought I had fractured or broke it. I declined an ambulance ride and waited for my mom to come pick me up.

Once my mom got to walmart, we dropped off my brother and my son at the house and then went to the emergency room. We got there at 6:18 according to all my paperwork, I didn't see the triage nurse for about 45 min to an hour. Then I waited another half hour before I went back to the back. Once I got back there, I thought things were going to by quickly. They drew blood, did an ekg (my heart is fine), and took a urine sample. Then I was told I would see the dr soon... I waited 2 hours before the nurse came in again. And I didn't see the dr until 11pm. He spent a half hour talking to me and asking questions. He ordered X-rays and I didn't have those done until almost 1. Luckily nothing is broken. Then they had a system down thing and couldn't send the x-rays over. Luckily the dr came over to look at the x-rays. Then the nurse came over and told my I have bacteria in my urine (sorry for the TMI) and since I'm prego they gave me an antibiotic. I finally got home a lil after 2am.

Today I am still sore. My arms both hurt cause of the one arm they put an iv in and the other arm cause I over stretched the muscles. Plus I'm super tired. I have the best little brother ever though. He has helped me all day today taking care of lil John.

No comments:

Post a Comment