I guess its time for an update, considering its been a while...
Lil John is now 2 years old! Its hard to believe because I remember the day he was born like it was just yesterday. We haven't celebrated his birthday yet due to the fact that he has a cousin who had their party last Saturday and 2 parties in one weekend is a little much for any family. Luckily he's still young enough that he doesn't understand birthdays and waiting a week to celebrate doesn't bother him. He did get a desk, color wonder markers, and a writing tablet from his great Grandpa that he got Tuesday morning after I put it together the night before. It came in the mail on Monday. We'll take pictures and I'll post them up shortly after this weekend.
Lil John is certainly a terrible 2. He will throw a tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants or he gets in trouble. These tantrums don't get him what he wants or get him out of trouble by any means, but they still continue. Hopefully soon I'll figure out what works to get these terrible tantrums to stop.
Lil John is also working on potty training. Slowly but surely. I'm not forcing it, but letting him decide. If he tells me he needs to go potty, I'll take him to the bathroom ... and when he wants to wear his underwear I let him. There are still accidents and some days where he just doesn't care. He's more interested in whatever he may be doing than going to the bathroom. Slowly but surely we're getting there.
Lil John also has a few favorite tv shows now. He loves Sesame Street, Super Why, Clifford, Martha Speaks (all on PBS) and So You Think You Can Dance. Its no surprise he loves dance... to watch and do. It is so cute cause on Wednesdays and Thursdays he's always saying "Dance, dance, dance". Its adorable. He also has a favorite song... Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas. He'll ask for "Boom Boom Boom" whenever any music may be playing... and then he'll dance around.
Wow this is a lot longer than I thought it would be.... and it continues
I am almost 33 weeks pregnant now and ready for it to be over. We decided on a name for her... Haylee Marie. Haylee is kicking my butt. I have heartburn, cramps in my legs, trouble breathing stretching pains from her being snuggled up on one side. She loves my right side... to put her whole body on one side and push and stretch. Plus she's starting to push down now too, which is even more uncomfortable than pushing to the sides and upward. My dr explained to me my blood results at my appt yesterday. I have extremely low iron. My iron level is supposed to be at a 12, but its at a 9. If it gets down to a 6 (which is possible during delivery, c-section or vbac, with loss of blood) I will need a blood transfusion. I'm extremely nervous about the delivery because of it. She is looking to be small like Lil John was as well with how I'm measuring though. My appointments are every 2 weeks now with how close I'm getting.
We still haven't gotten anything for Haylee yet. My sister sent Lil John's old bathtub that I let her use, and Kady's (my neice) clothing that doesn't fit her anymore. My sister-in-law is throwing me a babyshower on the 29th of August (as long as everything goes according to planned) and hopefully we'll be able to get some of the things we need for Haylee. I feel kinda awkward having a babyshower though. Tradition is to only have one with the first child... but with most of our stuff still being in Fresno... and John's side of the family unable to contribute for Lil John... plus we had a boy and now we're having a girl, it feels a little more justified... but should I create a baby registry somewhere... I don't even know.
I was also told at my last appt that Haylee is head down which means I have a choice to make. Part of me wants to have a natural delivery while the other part of me opts for a c-section. With a c-section, I can schedule the date... John can schedule the time off... and I know what to expect...Although I had a hard time taking care of a newborn after my c-section, much less a newborn and a 2 year old... with a natural delivery, it can happen at any time... I don't know what to expect which kinda freaks me out, but several people I talk to say its a good experience for any woman. I'm between a rock and a hard place and don't know what to do.
I guess that's all for now, but maybe I should do a blog more often so that they aren't so long next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment