Saturday, July 3, 2010

June has gone by so fast

I feel like I was just sitting here yesterday typing all the exciting things that I hoped would occur and things that had already occurred... but here I am the 3rd day of July already. So what is new in the life of the Stephens' family... well quite a bit actually. We've been trying to stay busy and get out of the house as often as possible.
Step 1 was to start going out to the pool. We have such a wonderful pool at our complex and we had never used it. It got a lot of use from us in June. Although the bad weather that has hit us within the last week or so has prevented pool trips.

Step 2 was to start going to the library storytime. There are several storytime events throughout the week based on age group... so we've decided to start going to one of them every week (mostly cause the other one's coincide with the mom's playgroups that we're starting to go to)

Step 3 was to join a Mom's club group. We haven't quite joined yet, but have gone to one activity and will go to at least one more before deciding whether or not to join for sure. So far it is looking to be a good start. We went to this place called Going Bonkers. I could seriously take the kids and let them play for hours there. The only reason we left so soon was because we were all getting hungry. And hungry people get cranky.

Step 4 was to find a playgroup with women at the church. I got put on the email list at the end of June, but we haven't been to a playgroup activity. However, I did go to the midnight showing of Eclipse with a few of the moms. I am really going to enjoy it.

So June has been busy. The kids just keep growing though.

Lil John will be 3 at the end of this month. And we finally decided what we're going to do for his birthday. A double birthday party with his cousin who's birthday is 5 days before his. We're going to do Iron Man or Toy Story 3 for the theme ... and let the kids play in the water. I'll get details out to those that are in the area closer to when it is. Lil John has also learned how to swim (with floaties on, anyway) and loves the pool.

Haylee is getting so big. She is crawling (and fast), eating regular food (3ish meals), standing on her own, clapping, and dada has now come out of her mouth. John is thrilled with that last one. She is also getting into everything, laughing when lil John gets in trouble, and trying to avoid naptime.

Well, this is quite a long post... so I'll close for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment