I don't normally share my personal writings or "songs" that I have written, but it just seems to fit here so feel special that I'm sharing this with you. When I was younger I wrote a song called "Mama's tears" inspired by the fact that my mom and grandma would always cry when something good would happen... I have not made any edits to this ever... but here it is
Mama’s tears
A beautiful baby girl is born
And her mama begins to cry
Those tears that mama’s cry
Five years down the road
It’s her first day of kindergarten
And mama cries those tears that mama’s cry
Cause she knows she has to let go of her baby girl
Thirteen years old
And growing more beautiful everyday
Looking and acting more like her mother
And mama cries those tears that mama’s cry
Cause she knows she has to let go of her baby girl
Sweet sixteen and driving all over town
Dating nice sweet boys that mama likes
Cause she loves her mama so
And mama cries those tears that mama’s cry
Cause she knows she has to let go of her baby girl
Graduated from high school, Valedictorian
And off for college
She’s going to Harvard
And leaving home for good
And mama cries those tears that mama’s cry
Cause she knows she has to let go of her baby girl
Getting married to a wonderful man
As daddy walks her down the aisle
Mama has tears in her eyes
And she’s sitting up in front
And mama cries those tears that mama’s cry
Cause she knows she has to let go of her baby girl
She is at the hospital
Waiting for her own baby to be born
With Mama still by her side
As she begins to cry those happy tears
Those tears that mamas cry
Just as her mama cried those tears
And mama cries those tears that mama’s cry
Cause she knows she has to let go of her baby girl
And mama cries those tears that mama’s cry
Cause she knows she has to let go of her baby girl
Wow, that poem was really beautiful. It made me cry! :-)
ReplyDelete