Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 30 - One Last Moment

YAY! Congrats to me! I have survived the entire blog challenge and only doubling up a few times... So one last moment ---
I loved the day that John proposed. We had made several trips to Pismo Beach in the 3 months prior, it was kind of our nice getaway. However, we hadn't gone in a while due to our work schedules. I was so glad to be getting out of town. Now, I had an idea that John was planning on proposing at some point in the near future, because my brother and sister tipped me off on accident. John had taken my parents out to dinner without me knowing, so what else could it possibly be. Our trip to Pismo included the same thing it always included... browsing the shops long enough to get to the beach, enjoying the pier and the beach and of course carrying our bag of tootsie rolls. When we finally decided to sit and enjoy the ocean, John asked me to get him a tootsie roll out of the bag I was holding. I reached in and felt a string so I reached around it... John said he wanted the other one... And on one end of the string was a tootsie roll and the other end was a beautiful engagement ring. I can't remember much of what he said, but it was all sweet and I said yes of course. Then we sent out our text messages... I said "John proposed" and he said "She said yes"... cause apparently several people knew that is was going to happen. Our mutual friends got both text messages... lucky them

Sadly, I don't think John and I have been to Pismo since. So I guess this goes along with day 28's things I miss. We definitely need a beach trip. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment