Oh how I love the summertime! I love the weather when it is warm enough to go swimming and enjoy the sunshine. A few days ago I was feeling really down about myself as I know I have put on quite a bit of weight in the last year. Well, really even since my daughter was born almost 2 years ago. Currently, I am almost to my highest weight ever including when I was pregnant, I'm only 5lbs away from that. It really gets to me sometimes because I don't feel like I have time to be everything to everyone like I want to be. Working, patience as a mom, understanding as a wife, and magnifying my church callings doesn't seem to leave much time for being me and working on myself.
However, this wonderful, blessed, sunshine has reminded me of the blessings of it all. I am so blessed to be able to work and pick my own hours. I am so blessed to have two wonderful children that love to be active. I grateful to have a husband that is so dedicated and hardworking. I miss teaching primary when I cannot be there. I miss the children I teach and I love visiting with fellow sisters.
This sunshine means that I can go swimming and take both children out to the pool. Swimming is such a fun activity for me that I can do with my children that allows all three of us to get out some energy and get in some exercise. Both my kids seem to have been more tired after swimming so they go to sleep better at night. Using the pool as an incentive seems to get at least Lil John to behave better.
So anyway, my new goals for myself are to incorporate the following into my day. Maybe not everything everyday, but hopefully it will help me out. (and if anyone wants to come swimming with me give me a call cause it's always more fun with friends).
Morning: at least 25 crunches & at least 5 minutes of stretching before work
read at least 1 verse every morning before backing out of the driveway
Afternoon: 30 minutes of an exercise video or swimming with the kids
work on a primary challenge, verse or activity with the kids
Night: 25 crunches & possibility of additional exercise
inspired by the primary lesson during sharing time - increase my faith in someway every
evening
No comments:
Post a Comment