Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Parties

Apparently, I am terrible at regularly writing a blog, because I'm writing about stuff that happened at the beginning of December so the details will probably be a little fuzzy. Oh well, I'm going to write about it anyway...

We were invited to at least 4 different Christmas parties and managed to at least attend 3 of them.

First was our apartment complex "holiday" celebration (a.k.a. Christmas party for those not trying to be politically correct). We ate nachos, drank soda, and played bingo for prizes. I won a starbucks coffee prize and had to ask if I could get something different since I don't drink coffee... luckily, they were more than willing to let me have a hot chocolate and smores prize which is in my closet (a lot of good it does me there). We would have stayed and played longer, but lil John wasn't feeling well and managed to sneeze all over himself... which was disgusting.

Second was the ward Christmas party. We ate lots of good food, sang Christmas carols watched the Primary sing some songs, and of course the kids' favorite part Santa Claus. I think they were more excited about the idea of Santa Claus because they were both hesitant to go sit with Santa... and Haylee took a lot of coaxing to sit with Mrs. Claus. But they were excited to tell John about it when we picked him up from dialysis.


The 3rd Christmas party, we didn't go to since we did not have a sitter, but we didn't mind. These first 3 parties were all within 4 days of each other.

The 4th and last Christmas party, was my company party at Main Event in Grapevine (which is like Johns Incredible Pizza without the buffet for my CA friends) and this was also a "holiday party". Again, more good food, we got a $20 fun card from the company to play the video games and such with. The kids had fun playing Fruit Ninja (an iPhone game) on a TV size screen. It was a lot of fun, but it was hard to really talk with the people I worked with because of all the other people that were there. We left there early since we ran out of things to do, but we went to Bass Pro shop and let the kids look at all the fish in the huge fish tank. They had a ton of fun and the best part is they were so worn out that they went straight to bed when we got home!




No comments:

Post a Comment