Normally, I don't make new years resolutions, but this year I feel a bit inclined to. I have been in need of making some changes and I am not starting them as of the new year persay, but I am setting a few goals for myself and my family for this next year. I saw this cartoon image and had to share... but this is not the kind of resolution I want to make.
I have decided that I sit too often in front of my computer. I work on my computer, I have school on my computer, I do web design on my computer... everything seems to involve my computer which keeps me way too idle for my own good. My goal is to get away from my computer more often, while still maintaining those things which I need to do on my computer. So this last week, I have gotten up and started working out on my Wii Fit again. It feels good to do yoga, balancing, and aerobics in such a fun way. I hope to be able to register in a dance or yoga class soon, but their cost is out of my range at the moment... so until then, I'll stick to my DVD's and Wii Fit for a while.
Not only getting away from my computer for my own health, but for my kids' health as well. They are active bundles of joy, but too often I get caught up in what I "have" to do whether that be homework, laundry, cleaning, etc. I want to be able to make more time to do fun things with them. Plus they are way too caught up in their own electronics for their own good at their ages.
Next, is to find a way to serve better my family and my ward. This includes some of the above as well as making time for doing things for other people. My work schedule tends to get in the way a lot of times, of doing extra, but I just want to do better in my callings as a Primary teacher and a visiting teacher (and any other calling that may happen within the next year and forward).
For my family, our goal is to continue working toward be sealed in the temple. It will happen, I am sure of it, I'm just not sure when.
Ultimately, I want to live my life to enjoy it more and have to endure it less. So my new years resolution is to be HAPPY with myself, my family, and every choice we make. If anyone wants to join my in my quest for happiness, I'd be glad to have someone to talk to and report to and share ideas with.


No comments:
Post a Comment