My resolution has led me to think more about what I want to do with my life. I am a mom, and really, that is what makes me the happiest. I love being at home with my kids and taking care of them. I wish I could stay at home instead of having to work, but right now this is the situation that we are in. So I have to make the best of it... but I have been thinking about what to do next once my kids are both in school all day.
The things that make me happiest are helping other people. This can be visiting sisters from the ward for visiting teaching, planning my lesson for primary, helping my kids learn something specific, even helping John with his company, or anything where I can actually help someone.
What do I want to do... I want to be able to volunteer in my kids' classrooms, volunteer at local non-profits, continuing to help John, etc. I should have figured this out a long time ago... but I have always been so involved with non-profits and things like that my entire life, that I didn't realize how important those things are to making me happy.
Next school year, when Haylee is 3 and lil John is in Kindergarten all day, I want to do a co-op preschool for Haylee. I'm also going to try to volunteer in John's classroom now. Also, I'm going to keep enjoying my callings at church. Last, I mentioned in my last blog, that I found some nifty things on Pinterest to do with the kids... and I know that doing those things with them and making crafts for others will also help me to keep my resolution of being happy.
At least for me, I have discovered that the things that make me the happiest are when I am doing things for others... so if there's anything I can help with, don't hesitate to ask...
so who am I? a person that needs to help others to feel important and validated... now that I have realized it, I'm hoping my resolution will be easier
No comments:
Post a Comment