I feel so grateful for so many things this holiday season (holidays to include everything from Thanksgiving to Christmas, to New years... and including my and my husband's birthdays). We have been blessed by so many people and since I would never write this list on paper, I thought I would try to share 100 things I'm grateful for.
1. My Heavenly Father - for comforting in my every time of need, even when I shut Him out for so long
2. Jesus Christ - for giving of his life and being resurrected so that we all may be
3. The Atonement - for the ability to return to Heavenly Father despite my many transgressions
4. My husband - for being the best husband I could ever have
5. My husband's life & health - I am so grateful for him to be home
6 & 7. My two children - For giving me the reason and strength to keep going when I was emotionally drained
8. My grandpa - For being so willing to help whenever and however he could
9. My family - for supporting me emotionally in a time of great hardship and answering the phone when I needed someone to talk to
10. John's family - for being some of the best in-laws I could ever have, helping however they could, and accepting me as part of the family
11. The Church - for the true church being on this Earth and knowing I am exactly where I am supposed to be
12. My ward - I have the best ward ever (at least for me). Everyone is genuinely friendly and loving and has made it easy for my family to return to church
13. My bishop - for being understanding, kind, and supportive
14. My relief society presidency - for knowing I needed to be propped up during hard times
15. Relief Society and all the wonderful sisters in my ward - for giving of time and energy to watch the kids and help to uplift me spiritually
16. My home teachers - for showing up at just the right times
17. The Priesthood and the Power given to priesthood holders - the blessings that my husband and I received got us through it all
18. My visiting teachers (both sets, since they were changed during this time) - have been awesome about truly helping me to feel loved and always bringing the right message at the right time
19. Our family Christmas Tree - we weren't going to be able to have one so we colored and cut one out, and then the Ginos' gave us an extra they had. It was a great family time decorating the tree and we got to do it twice :)
20. For all the mysterious Santa Clauses out there that have surprised us with gifts being left at our doorstep with not a name in sight. The generosity and charity of the Christmas Spirit makes me feel so warm and fuzzy.
21. My job - I am grateful to be working and helping support my family
22. My supervisor - She is awesome! Having a great manager makes work GREAT!
23. All the wonderful people I work with - I love having made so many friends at work and loving the people I work with makes work AWESOME!
24. My car - After selling my car, and being in an accident in our other car, and being without a car for so long, I am grateful for my own car that will get us where we need to go
25. Our apartment - a roof over our head that is still our place and being able to have the space to make a mess and not have to worry about it
26. Our apartment complex management - for being understanding of our situation and helping where they could and being so fast to fix any problems
27. The food we have to eat - it seems so trivial, but the fact that we are able to eat well makes me feel so blessed
28. Always having what we need whenever we need it - cause somehow everything has been taken care of
29. My husband's company, SysOPTIX, and the way he runs it - the relationship he has with his customers has made it easy for him to reconnect and even get some work done since he's been home
30. Our cell phones - because even though we've had late payments, we've always been able to contact our family and friends
31. Our internet - for giving me some me time away from cleaning and keeping up with the house
32. The beds we all have to sleep on
33. My computer - being able to keep in contact with family and friends, do homework, go to school online, and all the other wonderful things that come with technology
34. Online schooling and understanding counselors - helping me to take a break when I had too much on my plate, and helping me to get started again when I was ready
35. The clothes that we all have
36. All of our friends (you may be listed individually later in this list, if I don't hit a 100 while mentioning you all collectively)
37. Medical science - cause it saved and continues to save my husband's life
38. The slew of doctors that took care of my husband, and there was a whole slew cause I couldn't even begin to name them. There were at least 8 different types of doctors and at least 3 or 4 in each type
39. All the nurses (especially in CCU) that made sure my husband had what he needed when he needed it.
40. The hospital (and laws) - that made sure my husband got the care he needed despite not having any insurance
41. Medicine - that allows my husband to survive without functioning kidneys and no pancreas
42. Dialysis - for functioning as kidneys and keeping my husband alive
43. Temples - cause I know, one day I will be sealed for all of eternity to my husband and children
44. DVR - for recording all the shows I wanted to watch while I was too busy to turn on the tv
I've run out of ideas for groups of things so I reserve numbers 45-100 for all the individuals that helped with babysitting, helped financially, helped emotionally.... if you helped me you are on the list. However I would like to keep those who would like to remain anonymous, anonymous so I won't list them individually. Thank you. You know who you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment