Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lil John's First Day of School Ever

Lil John started preschool this year and he absolutely loves it. The week before, we prepared him by talking about going to school and then getting him registered and his picture taken for his bus pass. When we left the school from registration, Lil John asked if I was going to leave him there. When I said no, he asked me "why not". I think he was more than ready for school in that aspect.
On the first day of school, we took him to school and I was a bit worried. The kids all line up right outside the cafeteria and when it was time to walk in he said "Bye, mom" and didn't even look back.
According to the teacher he has had been defiant a few days, but I think he is warming up quite well. I'm so proud of my preschooler.

 Haylee of course had to have her picture taken too.
 Waiting in line to go into the classroom on the first day. He may not look happy, but it was over 105 degrees outside
They don't have busses for pre-K until the second week of school, but lil John was so excited!
 Coming home looking a ton taller and looking like he belonged in school.
 I am so excited and proud of my son for being in school and loving it. I just hope this love for school continues.


1 comment:

  1. can't believe we have preschoolers! I love it! Also nice that both our kids were ready for the day...made it easier on both of us ;-) our kids are growing up too fast!

    ReplyDelete