I've had a lot of good birthdays so it's hard for me to pick just one. So instead I will share 3 of my favorite birthdays - 11, 17 & 21. Hmmm... I think I'm due for another favorite birthday.
My 11th birthday is one of my favorites because it was a hard year. We had moved from Boise back to California... I didn't know anyone my age... and I only wanted 2 things, a dog and a bicycle. I was bummed from the time I woke up because I just knew that there was no way I was going to get anything that I wanted. When I walked outside to play, there was both my parents standing next to a bicycle with big smiles on their faces. Then I was told that I had one more present... When I went to open that present it was a box with holes... and I got my dog - Angel. I got exactly what I wanted that year when I wasn't expecting anything.
My 17th birthday is one of my favorites because I love to hate being surprised. I had a birthday party and I had a bunch of friends over and I wanted my boyfriend to be able to stay and go to the hockey game with us, but I was told no. I love Fresno Falcons hockey... the fights are the best and that was one of my birthday presents that year. My mom went to run some errands and brought back my boyfriend. She had convinced his parents to let him come to the hockey game that night. I was surprised and so happy.
My 21st birthday was another favorite. I was miserably pregnant (within the first month) and horrible morning sickness. I didn't want to do anything, and despite my love for cake the idea of it made me want to puke. My husband and I (we had just gotten married a few weeks prior) went over to my parent's house where my mom made enchiladas (which I CRAVED). Then John had gone to the store and bought me a cake. I couldn't eat it, but the fact that he cared enough to try made me so happy that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment