Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 6 - My Day

Whew... so today was tough... mostly cause of lil John crying at church -- but I'll get to that in a minute.

So this morning consisted of John and I watching a movie at 12:00am and not getting to bed until 2:00am... not a smart thing for parents of small children, but we did it anyway. This led to this morning when the kids woke up John and I taking turns getting the kids what they needed and crawling back into bed. Then when we finally got up because we were both so awake from getting up at 10:30 we realized we had to clean and fast... One of our home teachers and the stake president were coming over to visit.

Today was our ward conference at church and so our stake president wanted to visit with a few families and our bishop suggested us and we of course did not turn down the opportunity. We talked a lot about how John and I met, how we each came to know the church, etc. It was a wonderfully spiritually uplifting meeting. We were given a few challenges of course. One - Do everything we can to work towards being sealed. Two - get a picture of the temple and put it in our home to remind us of what we are working for. Three - Pray everyday to be guided towards our goal of being sealed.

Then we went to church. We got there a little bit late, and were stuck out in the foyer because the chapel was full (which is a nice site to see). Then we took lil John to primary... and reminded ourselves that there is only ONE more month left until Haylee gets to go to nursery. I'm so excited for that moment. We went to Sunday school for the first time in a long time and were called out because lil John was crying. Why was he crying? Because he didn't want to sit down in class ... which translates to he was TIRED... but it was already 4:30. Too late for a nap...but we went home anyway so that we could work with lil John on sitting still at home away from the distractions of people. I was sad to miss the 3rd hour because our stake president was going to be speaking to us.

Since we have been home... lil John has spent a majority of the time sitting still. We had dinner and later still tonight, I plan on watching the grammy's (maybe... depends on how tired I am), putting the kids to bed early... and going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love Pres. Blake!? That's so cool that he came to visit you. I'm sorry you missed the third hour too. I missed it as well because I'm in primary. Good luck with the sitting still! :-)

    ReplyDelete