Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 3 - My Parents

I'm not one to talk about my parents much because I feel that their example has deterred me away from how they live their lives, but I'm going to try to only talk about the positive stuff... My parents are not bad people, just a little lost ... but of course, I love them anyway. My dad is unemployed and has been since I was a teenager. My mom works at the SPCA and loves it... to the point of bringing her work home, which I did not appreciate when I lived under their roof. Although it did always give me the experience of taking care of animals. My parents raised me and my siblings 2 completely different ways. My parents were the strict, can't date til 16, bring home a report card (despite the fact I had basically straight A's), we have to meet the parents before you can go hang out with a friend or date, kind of parents. With my brother and sister, they were the exact opposite. I appreciate how I was raised, I just feel bad for my siblings getting the short end of the stick. Growing up I always felt like I could talk to my mom about anything and I hope to be like that with both of my kids. The other thing that I admire about my mom is that even though she is a non-practicing Baptist, she was always open to listening to others that wanted to share their beliefs. I grew up knowing about different religions and that one day I could make my own choice without ridicule.

No comments:

Post a Comment