Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 5 - My definition of Love

The definition of love is a difficult one for me because there are so many types.
There's a general love that applies to my friends and family where I care what happens to them and hope the best for them. This is generally how I feel about anyone I know. I always hope the best for all of my friends and family and if there is anything I can do to help I would. General love is generally for anyone I know, but can be lost by the actions of the other person.
There is unconditional love which I feel for very few people. No matter what they say or do I will love them anyway... and all of the above information applies as well.
There is romantic love that I feel for only my husband and all of the above applies to it as well as a physical and emotional interest in his well being over my own.
Then there is the love for my children which surpasses everything above. Anyone that were to try and come between me and my children would be terminated from my life and possibly from their own as well.

All of these types of love has an aspect of trust which is the most important. It just varies based on the type of love. So I don't know if this post actually answered this question or not, but love is a complicated thing to define. So maybe my definition is that love has no words that fully describe it... it is something that can only be felt from the heart and shown through actions.

1 comment:

  1. I liked that last line, "it is something that can only be felt through the heart and shown through actions." It is true for me that the love I feel for my daughter surpasses any amount of love I have ever felt in my life. I would give up my life for her. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete